Trustee Education Committee
The Trustee Education Committee is a Standing Committee as specified in the NCTR Constitution. Its purpose is to provide the President, the Executive Committee, and the Executive Director with advice and counsel in the development and implementation of initiatives and programs targeted to trustees of NCTR member systems. Traditionally, all committee members are trustees.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working with the President, the Executive Committee, and the Executive Director, the Trustee Education Committee is responsible for assisting in the planning of the Trustees’ programs at the Annual Conference of NCTR. Similarly, the Committee is responsible for assisting in developing the curriculum for the annual Trustee Workshop, usually held mid-summer. The Committee is also responsible for carrying out any actions assigned to it in NCTR’s Strategic Plan.
In addition to his or her general duties, the Chairperson of the Committee shall be responsible for reporting to the President and Executive Committee all matters of concern to Trustees, as determined by the Committee.
The Chairperson shall give a brief report of the Committee’s activities and accomplishments at the Annual Conference Business Meeting.
Trustee Education Committee 2019
- Don Erikson, Chair, Omaha SERS
- Clare Barnett, Trustee, Connecticut TRB
- Guillermo Barriga, Trustee, Colorado PERA
- Mary Lou Cameron, Trustee, New Mexico ERB
- Greg Gibson, Trustee, Texas TRS
- Amy Grant, Trustee, Colorado PERA
- Gayle Harbo, Trustee, Alaska TRS
- Susan Lemmo, Trustee, Pennsylvania PSERS
- Richard Liston, Trustee, Massachusetts TRB
- Robin Nichols, Trustee, Arkansas TRS
- Marti Zins, Trustee, Minnesota TRA
- Susan Brown, NCTR Executive Committee Liaison
Note: Pursuant to the NCTR Constitution, the President and President-Elect shall be ex-officio members of all committees.