Trustee Education Committee
The Trustee Education Committee is a Standing Committee as specified in the NCTR Constitution. Its purpose is to provide the President, the Executive Committee, and the Executive Director with advice and counsel in the development and implementation of initiatives and programs targeted to trustees of NCTR member systems. Traditionally, all committee members are trustees.
Duties and Responsibilities
Working with the President, the Executive Committee, and the Executive Director, the Trustee Education Committee is responsible for assisting in the planning of the Trustees’ programs at the Annual Conference of NCTR. Similarly, the Committee is responsible for assisting in developing the curriculum for the annual Trustee Workshop, usually held mid-summer. The Committee is also responsible for carrying out any actions assigned to it in NCTR’s Strategic Plan.
In addition to his or her general duties, the Chairperson of the Committee shall be responsible for reporting to the President and Executive Committee all matters of concern to Trustees, as determined by the Committee.
The Chairperson shall give a brief report of the Committee’s activities and accomplishments at the Annual Conference Business Meeting.
Trustee Education Committee 2021
- Karen Yamamoto, Chair, Trustee, CalSTRS
- Susan Brown, Vice-Chair, NCTR Liaison
- Michael Ball, Trustee, Texas TRS
- Clare Barnett, Trustee, Connecticut TRB
- Guillermo Barriga, Trustee, Colorado PERS
- Sheila Buck, Trustee, NYSTRS
- Denise Daniels, Trustee, Washington DCRB
- Scott Dubbs, Trustee, Montana TRS
- Amy Grant, Trustee, Colorado PERA
- Beverly Pratt, Trustee, Kansas City PSRS
- Marti Zins, Trustee, Minnesota TRA
Note: Pursuant to the NCTR Constitution, the President and President-Elect shall be ex-officio members of all committees.